Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Hello! This week for SweetSassyDiva we are honoring the HEROES of 9/11. That day has changed our country and will always be remembered. I remember exactly where I was the day I saw the Twin Towers on TV. It was a sad day for so many. I have many family members that have served or are currently serving in various branches of the military and I choose to support them all. I am very patriotic and thought that I would love to make a patriotic wreath! I was inspired by Pink Cricut's Halloween wreath. Click here if you would like to see it (She has an awesome video tutorial on it!)

Here is my wreath:

I cut my paper into various strips and scored them on my score board every .5 inches.  I used these to make the rosettes. Be careful of HOT glue!! It can make for very sore fingers.
I hot glued my rosettes to my cardboard circle. I have them layered for more dimension!
I added stars from the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge cut in various sizes.
I added red and blue buttons on the stars. Some of the buttons have the airmail twine in them.

I love how my wreath turned out and can't wait to make another one! Make sure you come back and check out more of the SweetSassyDiva Designers this week for more inspiration! 

Kim

5 comments:

Katie O'Mary said...

I love your wreath Kim, you did an awesome job :)

Sarah Wells said...

pretty darn cute! Yet, another wonderful project by Kim. You are a great papercrafter!

Cathy said...

I love it, I posted a Halloween wreath I made a while back after seeing one posted. They are easy and fun, I want to make a fall one and thanks giving and Christmas and..... well you get the drift:)

Janeen said...

Great job!! Looks like you had a lot of fun making it, I'm sure we will see more to come! :)

Jamie M. said...

Very cute Kim.

Pin It!